Relonchem Lipsore 5% Cream 2g Antiviral Treatment Cold Sores
- Lipsore 5% w/w Cream is used for the treatment of cold sores.
- SKU: LIP // CRM // 2GM // (1)
- In Stock
1. What Lipsore 5% w/w Cream is and what it is used for
Lipsore 5% w/w Cream is used for the treatment of cold sores. The active ingredient is aciclovir, an antiviral agent. Apply at the first signs of a cold sore (such as tingling and itching). It can also be used to speed up healing if one has already appeared.
2. What you need to know before you use Lipsore 5% w/w Cream
Do not use Lipsore 5% w/w Cream:
• If you have ever had an allergic reaction to Aciclovir, valaciclovir, propylene glycol or any other ingredients of the preparation (see section 6 for a complete list of ingredients).
• Take special care with Lipsore 5% w/w Cream: Inside your mouth (e.g. for mouth ulcers) or nose.
• For any skin infection other than a cold sore.
• In the eyes or genital area
Take special care with Lipsore 5% w/w Cream:
• Always wash your hands before and after applying Lipsore cream.
• Do not touch your eyes until you have washed your hands after application.
• If you accidentally get cream in your eye, wash out thoroughly with warm water. Consult your doctor if you are concerned.
• Do not swallow the cream. If you accidentally swallow any cream, it is unlikely to cause any ill effects but consult your doctor if you are concerned.
• Avoid touching a cold sore to prevent !transferring the infection or making it worse.
• If you have been told by your doctor that you have a weakened immune system, contact your doctor before treating any type of infection.
• If you are in any doubt if you have a cold sore, contact your doctor.
• If your cold sore gets very severe, contact your doctor.
• Tell your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any regular medication on prescription or over the counter products.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding:
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Lipsore cream if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Lipsore cream
Lipsore 5% w/w cream contains cetyl alcohol and propylene glycol which may cause local skin reactions (skin irritation and redness).
3. How to use Lipsore 5% w/w Cream
Suitable for all ages:
• Apply at the first signs of a cold sore (such as !tingling and itching).
• Apply liberally to the affected area 5 times a day.
• Continue treatment for 4 days. If your cold sore hasn't healed after this time, you can use the cream for up to 10 days in total.
• Treat your cold sore for 4 full days to ensure rapid healing.
• If you forget a dose, apply when you remember and continue as before.
• If your cold sore hasn't healed fully after 10 days, or if it gets worse at any time, contact your doctor.
• Never give your Lipsore cream to others, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
• The amount of cream inside this pack is enough for one cold sore attack. For any future attacks, start treatment at the first signs of a cold sore developing (such as tingling or itching). It can also be started during the blister stage.
• Do not use more than the recommended dose.
4. Possible Side Effects
Like all medicines, Lipsore 5% w/w Cream can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop using the medicine and tell your doctor if you experience:
• Allergy-like reactions, for example, swelling of the lips, face and eyelids.
The following side effects could also occur:
• Mild burning or stinging after application. This will quickly go away.
• Redness, itching or a mild drying or flaking of the skin, skin rashes, hives or weals.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the yellow card scheme at http://www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard". By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
5. How to store Lipsore 5% w/w Cream
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use Lipsore 5% w/w Cream after the expiry or 'use by' date is shown on the container. Use within 6 weeks of opening.
Keep Lipsore 5% w/w Cream in its original container and store at a temperature below 25ºC but do not refrigerate or freeze.
6. Contents of the pack and other information
What the cream contains:
The active ingredient is Aciclovir. Each gram of the cream contains 50mg of Aciclovir.
The other ingredients are stearoyl macrogolglycerides, dimethicone, cetyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin, propylene glycol and purified water.
What Lipsore 5% w/w Cream looks like and contents of the pack
Lipsore 5% w/w cream is available from your pharmacist without the prescription in a 2g tube.
You may be interested in reading further about Lipsore Aciclovir Cream. Please click here to download patient information leaflet.
We can assure you that this product is unopened with the long expiry date.
Our preliminary aim is to give your quality products and quality service. Please be aware of substitutes, counterfeits and short expiry products. We are licensed to sell medicinal products online. Our license can be verified by clicking the picture we placed in about us section. As we agreed when taking the license, we never import any medicines from abroad, or we don't sell the short-expiry or expired products in our shop. All medicinal products are purchased from the UK licensed wholesalers.
How to use
Lipsore 5% w/w Cream is used for the treatment of cold sores. The active ingredient is aciclovir, an antiviral agent.